HOW LONG DO THEY LAST FOR?
We recommend 12 monthly colours boosts with our Microblading option. Ombré and Powdered brows last longer in the skin so you will get more like 18 months before needing your colour boost.
WHICH OPTION SHOULD I GO FOR?
Jess will go over each option with you in the consultation. If you have a read through the different tattoo options on our website, you will be able to narrow it down by personal preference and lifestyle in the info. Microblading option is not recommended for extremely oily skins or clients that are super active as it will fade quicker. Powdered brows are more suited for oily skins and hide larger areas for the brow reconstruction on clients with large areas of hair loss.
DO I NEED TO SHAPE THEM BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
No we recommend you to leave them if you can as you may remove more then we need. Your artist will do a full custom brow shape before the treatment.
HOW LONG DO THEY TAKE TO SETTLE?
The first couple of days they will appear darker then your chosen colour. This is because the pigment hasn't healed under the skin yet. The best time to have a look at the colour is two weeks after your first appointment. The colour will then be much softer and settled in the skin. Your artist will go through the full healing process with you in your consultation.
DOES IT HURT?
We use anaesthetics to numb the treatment area before and during the procedure which makes each treatment pretty comfortable for you. Each client experiences pain differently. We manage each client accordingly to keep you as pain free as possible.
HOW IS MY COLOUR CHOSEN?
We have a huge range of colours to suited each individuals skin tone plus hair colour. The colour is chosen together with yourself and the artist. Your artist will recommend and show you colours close to your natural brow hair colour for the perfect blend. If you tint your brows because they are too blonde, grey, white etc, then you will need to continue to tint them after they are tattooed as the cosmetic tattoo only colours the skin behind the hairs, not the hairs themselves. We recommend to wait at least 3 weeks after the procedure before tinting them again.
CAN I GET THE PROCEDURE DONE WHILE PREGNANT OR NURSING?
Unfortunately we can not do the procedure if you are pregnant. If you are nursing you will need to express for 24 hours after the treatment before feeding again.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
You must begin preparing for your treatment 7-10 days before hand. This ensures your blood is the right consistency, your skin is well prepared and you will heal with no problems. You must avoid:
- All forms of Caffeine (Coke, energy drinks) and alcohol
- Ibuprofen and Aspirin
- Fish/Krill/Evening Primrose oil
- Spices that thin the blood; cinnamon, turmeric etc.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning products on the tattoo area 30 days before your treatment and for 2 weeks after your appointment. If you are sun burnt on the tattoo area we can not perform the treatment on you
- If you high/low blood pressure or any heart conditions, you must let us know as soon as possible. You will need your doctors permission to carry out the treatment, and if approved, stop taking any blood thinning medication at least 1 week prior to your appointment
- Botox should be carried out at least 2 months before your treatment and no sooner than 3 weeks after your follow up appointment as it can alter the way your cosmetic tattoo sits
- Chemical peels should be carried out at least 60 days before your appointment and no sooner than 60 days after the procedure, always avoid the tattooed area. If you do frequent facial peels, your cosmetic tattoo has a higher chance of fading
-You must apply Emla numbing cream to the area and cover with glad wrap one hour before your appointment. Applying Emla cream before your brow appointment is not optional and you should come in to the salon with your cream and glad wrap on
- During your first appointment, we do a full consultation process as well as starting your brow tattoo
- Please make sure your cell phone is on silent when you are in the treatment room
- Please do not come chewing gum as it does cause your face to move during treatment
- As a health and safety precaution for our insurances, only the client is allowed in the treatment room during the treatment
- During the consultation, feel free to ask all questions and concerns you may have about your cosmetic tattoo. Make sure the tattoo is something you are 100% certain about as this is a permanent/semi-permanent procedure. If you change your mind during the procedure the $100 deposit is non-refundable
CAN I WEAR MAKEUP TO MY APPOINTMENT?
Yes you can wear makeup on the day to your appointment if you wish. Your Artist will remove what she needs to before she starts.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MICROBLADED, OMBRE AND POWDER BROWS?
Microblading has taken the beauty industry by storm in recent years. A very natural looking brow can be achieved using a hand-held tool, creating many hair-like impressions by implanting pigment strokes under the skin. Microblading is meant to replace individual hairs, not to fill your brows to look like they're filled in with pencil or shadow.
Pros: Microbladed brows look very natural. If done by an experienced professional, each stroke looks like real hair.
Cons: Microbladed brows are the least permanent of all Permanent Makeup because of the shallow depth we penetrate the pigment under the skin. They therefore require more frequent touch ups than other techniques. Typically clients come back between 8-12 months for a colour boost. Microblading is less effective on oily/combination skin types than other methods.
Who is it best for: If you are someone who has thin or patchy brows, wants a subtle shape enhancement, doesn’t regularly fill in their brows.
PLEASE NOTE: Microblading is only suitable for certain clients. I cannot guarantee I will be able to perform this method on you - it all depends on your natural hair growth, lifestyle, and skin type.
This technique has been around for decades, but has been gradually improving over the years. The ombré powder fill method is more like a traditional tattoo, and involves the application of thousands of tiny dots of pigment, inserted into the skin, gradually building up a colour and defined shape. This results in a beautiful, full tail, and faded front to give a more natural appearance.
Pros: Ombré powder fill brows use a more traditional tattooing method, with longer lasting results, and works with most skin types, including oily or combination skin. Clients come back for colour boosts closer to the 12-18month mark. The brow is also fuller and more defined or dramatic than with the hairstroke method.
Who is it best for: If you are someone with oily or combination skin, or who fills in your brows regularly with pencil or shadow, then this is the method for you! It mimics the look of filled in brows, without all the effort each morning.
Powder is very similar to ombré, however the whole brow is saturated in colour instead of having a faded front.
Pros: Powder is great for clients who are used to wearing a lot of makeup, or currently fill their brows in heavily most days. It is perfect for all skin types, and an excellent treatment for those with brows that start very far apart, or brows with very little/no natural hair at the front.
Who it is best for: Anyone!
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
All appointments include two treatments. Your second appointment is a perfecting visit where we make necessary adjustments . This appointment must be done no less then 4 weeks and no more then 8 weeks apart. If you have little to no natural brow hair, you may require a third appointment at a additional cost. This will be discussed with you at your first appointment consultation.
Your Brows will be healing for the next 4-6 weeks and you will need to purchase fragrance free baby wipes and Vaseline (NOT Bepanthen or Pawpaw ointment) for your after care. The first 2 weeks are most vital and your brows will go through a bit of a roller-coaster process, Straight after your appointment they will be very dark and bold, feeling like they steal all the attention from your face. As they heal over the next couple days the colour does fade down, and the itchiness and flaking begins. You will notice dead skin, pigment, and occasionally hair coming out of your brows, this is normal and all a part of your body’s natural healing process. After a few days you will notice your brows beginning to form a scab and the colour will look a lot duller. Stop using baby wipes at this stage and do not be concerned if they look a lot lighter. This is due to your skin pushing out all the damaged/dead skin cells and gives a "frosted window" effect to your brows tattoo covering up the pigment. You will notice your brow colour coming back as your skin heals and you get closer to the 2 week mark. In the first two weeks of getting your cosmetic tattoo you must not:
- Carry out any activity that may cause excessive sweating (e.g. gym, cardio, etc.)
- Do not get your brows wet for the first week, and no swimming for 2 weeks. The tattooed area must be kept dry for one week. The only moisture that is needed is Vaseline and wet wipes.
- Do not use any face cleansers, makeup removers, or eyebrow products on the tattooed area during this time
- Do not expose yourself to sun or UV rays on the tattooed area
1. You will need to wipe both brows, both ways every 15 minutes for the first hour. Once the hour is up, you will have wiped them four times and you will need to apply Vaseline. For the rest of the day you will need to wipe and apply Vaseline hourly. We will demonstrate how to apply the right amount and remove the excess from your skin
2. Before you go to bed you will need to place a strip of glad wrap over your brows to hold the Vaseline in place while you sleep for the first night. Applying a thick layer at night will ensure your brows stay moist all night
3. The next day you will need to begin wiping the area with baby wipes and applying Vaseline four times per day for the next two weeks. Makeup can be worn around the area but not on the tattoo. No brow products on the area for 2 weeks
4. After a couple days when you feel that they are getting hard/starting to scab, you need to stop using the wipes as you may pull pigment out of the brows. You only need to apply Vaseline four times per day
5. After the two weeks, you will need to apply Vaseline to the tattooed area every morning for the remaining four weeks of the healing process. It takes a full six weeks to heal, so even though it may feel like your cosmetic tattoo is healed DO NOT stop the after care
As yearly maintenance for your skin to heal, we advise clients to purchase Bio Oil from the supermarket. This can be used one night per week on your brows for the year until you come back for your colour boost. It will renew your skin cells to prevent any scar tissue and you can start this one month after your perfecting visit. If you have any issues or questions regarding your cosmetic tattoo do not hesitate to give us a call/text on 027 3120637 or email email@example.com
WILL YOU COLOUR BOOST MY BROW TATTOO IF I HAD IT DONE SOMEWHERE ELSE?
If you have previous work that needs refreshing or covering up, you must get my approval during a cover up consultation, before booking a full appointment.
A cover up consultation allows me to thoroughly and accurately decide if you're eligible before we discuss options, colour, shape etc.
A thorough consultation is incuded in all first sessions for new clients, but is charged as a separate appointment where there is previous tattoo, to ensure I can actually give you the results you're after.
In many cases I will suggest removal, if the shape or colour is unable to be covered well.
Tattooing over uneven or discoloured, old brow tattoo will not give you the results you wish and you will end up with brows, that are unevenly shaped, discoloured, bold and much worse than what you had before. After the tattoo is lightened and/or removed, I can then reassess your brows and offer you a service that you will be happier with once healed.
The main reasons I cannot cover other artist's work are:
- Your current shape does not fit within my guidelines
- The colour has faded to a shade that isn't easily corrected
A cover up consulation is $100 - if you are eligible to continue with treatment and I'm able to work with your brows, this $100 is deductible from the total cost of your appointment. If I am unable to treat you, or you decide not to go ahead with treatment, the cost of the cover up consultation is non-refundable.