PREMIUM AIRBRUSHED SPRAY TANNING
PRE + POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
Here's what you need to do BEFORE your appointment:
- Exfoliate your face and body the days before your spray tan appointment. I make sure I regularly exfoliate and moisturise my body throughout the week before my tan. Exfoliation and moisturising creates a fresh, even layer of skin cells for the tan to develop. Starting with this perfectly polished base is a must for streak-free coverage, no tan grab and long-lasting colour.
- Do NOT exfoliate, use tan remover, apply moisturiser, perfume, deodorant or make-up THE DAY OF your spray tan appointment, come with fresh, clean skin! It's best to avoid oil based products too, before and after, as these can also affect the life of your tan.
- I recommend to wax or shave at least a few days prior to allow the pores to close. If you need to shave after your tan I recommend using a sharp razor.
- I provide a disposable hair net & g-string. You are more than welcome to wear whatever makes you the most comfortable, if you would like to wear a bra I recommend an old strapless one you don't mind dirtying (this is a must for breastfeeding Mum's). You should remove all jewellery ready for your spray!
Here are some AFTERCARE tips for you, to help you get the most out of your glow...
- Wear loose, dark clothing to ensure the tan can develop freely and not be rubbed off by tight bra straps or underwear. My go to after tanning is my trackpants, a long sleeve jumper and my big, fluffy dressing gown over top! It's best to wear pants if you have leather seats in your car to avoid the tan sticking to the seat.
- Avoid touching the skin! You will transfer the bronzer to your palms and end up with orange hands.
- Avoid water and keep the skin dry! This includes not undertaking any activities that will cause sweating.
- Do not use any products over the tan while it’s developing.
- Leave the tan on for the recommended amount of time (between 1 - 5 hrs) the longer you leave it, the darker the tan will develop. Do not leave on longer than recommended as it may over-process and turn orange.
- For your first shower, do not use soap, just quickly rinse off the bronzer and pat yourself dry with a towel. DO NOT RUB. Continue to avoid sweating/swimming/tight clothing for the next 12-24 hours to let your tan fully settle on your skin.
- It takes up to 24-48hrs to fully process so it is normal to be pale again straight after rinse off - don't worry, it will continue to develop!
- If you notice any streaking after your first rinse, you haven't rinsed the bronzers off fully and need to rinse again - do this straight away. If streaks are left and not re-rinsed they will develop that way and affect the final result.
- From now on hydration is key. Keep your skin moisturised, use gentle skincare/haircare products so that the tan is not washed away by chemicals and avoid sweating/pools to extend the life and quality of your tan.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your tan or service, whether it's my responsibility or you weren't able to follow aftercare instructions properly, please let me know ASAP. I'm happy to respray to ensure you get the perfect result, but this must be done within 24-48 hours of the original service.
If you have any further questions check out my FAQ: https://www.rosiethecaravan.co.nz/faq